Fire Alarm Engineer
Key Purpose of role:
Servicing, fault finding, replacing, and repairing fire alarm systems including emergency lighting in accordance with the current standards.
Working with access control, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, intercom systems and some Nurse Call systems
Ability to think on your feet and is passionate in finding a resolution to a problem, with the confidence of being able to tackle any situation on-site.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Investigate & fault finding on Fire Detection and Alarm and Emergency Lighting systems, primarily. In depth knowledge of Nurse Call and Staff attack systems, including Intercall, C-Tec (Quantec), SAS. Sound working knowledge of all Access Control and intercom systems, including Paxton, RGL, Fermax, Videx. Knowledge of CCTV and Intruder is an advantage.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance of all fire & security systems.
- Be part of an On-Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support. (24//7/365)
- Repair, Commissioning, and Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, (EG: BS5839-1, BS5266- 1) fair trading and competition rules relating to their work and sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support.
- The successful person should always actively support company policy and best practice in the area of security and confidentiality, with emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information and its end users.
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisation’s information security policies.
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
- Report health and safety and security events or potential events or other risks to the organisation
- Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfilling all jobs required and co-operation with all site conditions fully.
Essential Requirements for the job:
- Excellent first-time resolution & risk management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven background and experience of working within the fire Industry.
- Experience of undertaking service and repair work
- Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
- Good installation practices and in accordance with BS7671, where required.
- Good Experience of Nurse Call Systems of all types.
- Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage. (Interfaces and shutdowns, etc)
- Full understanding to BS5839 is essential.
- Detailed understanding of Emergency Lighting systems to BS5266-1
- The ability to be resourceful with a dynamic approach to problem solving is essential.
- Full driving licence
- FIA Modules required or as per industry standards in accordance with the RRO-2005, for competency.
Desirable Requirements for the job:
- Advanced, Kentec, C-Tec, Apollo, Hochiki, Fire Alarm systems knowledge is desirable.
- Gent by Honeywell, VESDA & Other Aspirating manufacturers is desirable.
- Experience of Access control systems of all types
- Electrical or Electronic systems background
- ICEL accreditation of emergency lighting
- Good overall fire product knowledge
- Performance Related Bonus – opportunity to earn up to additional £2,000 yearly (paid quarterly)
- High OTE available
- Paid Travel time after 30 minutes
- Paid Overtime at premium rate
- Standby allowance for on call
- Full Remote Technical Support
- Company Car with private use option
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Day back in lieu when bank holiday worked
- Immediate start available
- Career development opportunities
- Referral Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme including shopping vouchers and discount; up to £1,200 a year on real savings for everyday needs
- Wagestream – Get instant access to your wages through our financial wellbeing tool.